www.eaststreettins.etsy.com

Monday, June 1, 2015

Clocking It

It has been awhile since I have written.  Developing new products takes awhile.  I have been ruminating on making a tin clock for sometime now and have finally collected the ingredients to mix up the  recipe.  Here is my first attempt from start to finish.

Wanting to cover wood, and using recycled wood, it took me awhile to find pieces the right size.  My clock components hand an hour hand of 9"  so the wood had to be large.

A hole needs to be cut to insert the clock works.
Someone had given sheet aluminum, I think for roof flashing.  It has sat around my studio for some time now but I could see the possibilities forming. I encased the wood in the aluminum which gave me a canvas to play with: to add color.
For the first clock I chose no numbers just two axises of color and some circles to suggest locations on a clock face.
Today I added the hands and a battery and it works…keeping marvelous time.


On to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment