www.eaststreettins.etsy.com

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Copper Bracelet

About a year ago, my brother, who is an antique dealer, gave me these vintage copper pieces.

The pieces were obviously for bracelets.  They sat out on a table near my work bench and I would finger them often and wonder what I would do with them.  I looked for these pieces in catalogs and didn't find anything like them.  I also searched on line and found vintage bracelets made with pieces like this.

Last week, after completing work and cleaning up my work area, I got them out and moved them to center court on the workbench after I had thrown them in the tumbler for a couple of hours.  I moved pieces of tin nearby to test color combos and let that percolate for a couple of days.  Finally,  yesterday, I was ready to put the pieces together. This is what the pieces of copper became, with a little help from some vintage tins, brass circle, brass rivets and steel jump rings and toggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment